Get on the Fast Track to a "Fit" School
Apply to receive supplemental resources of the Presidential Youth Fitness Program.
What is the Presidential Youth Fitness Program Grant Opportunity?
Through a generous donation of $10 million from the General Mills Foundation (the largest single donation in the foundation’s history), schools have gained access to supplemental resources including:
- Virtual and in-person trainings
- Supporting texts
- Assessment equipment
- Student recognition items
The National Foundation on Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition will provide an annual opportunity for schools and school districts nationwide to receive these supplemental items. Learn about the eligibility requirements and funding parameters.
Funding Eligibility Requirements:
- Schools must employ a certified physical educator on a full or part-time basis.
- Let’s Move! Active Schools that have completed the Let’s Move! Active Schools assessment will receive priority consideration ahead of schools that are not enrolled in the program. These schools are also eligible to request resources valued up to $2000. All other eligible schools are eligible for up to $1000 in support.
- If funded, proof of completion of one of the program's trainings must be provided within 30 days of notification of award.
- Schools funded in Rounds 1-3 of a previous PYFP Funding Opportunity or the 2016 PYFP Funding Opportunity are not eligible.
- The school’s physical education teacher must be willing to work towards following the PYFP Checklist.
- Schools may request up to $1000 in resources.
- Let's Move! Active Schools that have completed the Let’s Move! Active Schools assessment will receive priority consideration ahead of schools that are not enrolled in the program. These schools are also eligible to request resources valued up to $2000.
- Applications will be considered until 5:00pm ET March 24, 2017 or funds for the spring 2017 grant are exhausted.
- Funded schools will be expected to complete a short end of funding survey.
- If there are more than 10 schools in a district interested in funding, please send a message to email@example.com. Districts with less than 10 schools applying must complete a separate application for each school.
- Schools will not receive a check. The resources provided by the funding opportunity will come directly from the vendor(s) of those resources. Schools may not request resources valued at more than $1000. (Only Let's Move! Active Schools with a completed assessment are eligible for up to $2000 in support.)
- If approved, at least one representative from each school is expected to complete the Getting Started with the Presidential Youth Fitness Program online training available for free beginning February 1, 2017 on the pyfp.org member portal. Failure to complete the training within 30 days of notification of application approval will result in a loss of funding. Previous completion of the Essentials of the Presidential Youth Fitness Program on-line or in-person training also counts. Resources will not be provided until proof of completion of one of the courses is provided. Note: Both versions of the Essentials training are no longer available as of December 31, 2016.